BALANCED PALEO BOWL
Quick and easy Balanced Paleo Bowls can be a great way to have a healthy yet convenient meal to go! With the any different ingredients you can mix and match to your desire and taste the possibilities are endless.
Also, often whether its cold or warm ingredients you want in your bowl or in a salad bowl that works too!
My favorite and #1 choice for every bowl I make is the avocado of course. One must make sure we are consuming healthy fats whenever possible so avocado fits right in!
Next, on the list of toppings for was butternut squash. The benefits here include lots of fiber, it’s packed with Vitamin A, and actually again one of favorite veggies especially when roasted. Yummy!!
When it comes to protein we all have a different preferences. However, for this paleo bowl recipe I kept it simple and used chicken which I always have on hand, ALWAYS.
When it comes to a healthy dressing I find that I enjoy tahini the most. Tahini is a paste or condiment made of toasted ground hulled sesame seeds. The dressing is made by mixing apple cider vinegar, tahini, and spices with some lemon juice. Talk about flavor…WOW!
There you go BOWL fans. I consider this a very well balanced paleo bowl.
For all you out there who meal prep for the week, this is perfect for you. Prep all ingredients and package all bowls for the week which gives you the opportunity to expand the ingredients used to mix it up a bit.
The recipe is below so I’ll you will enjoy a bowl for yourself real soon.
Paleo Balance Bowl
- 2 chicken thighs or breasts
- 12 oz chopped Butternut squash (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet. Toss with 2 teaspoons of melted coconut oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper & ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing around half way through.
- Take your chicken and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and let heat up for about 30 seconds. Then add chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on how thick they are (If they are thick i suggest pounding them down a bit so they all have even thickness). Set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl combine tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, water, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper & ¼ teaspoon garlic powder. Toss a couple of tablespoons of dressing over the greens in a large bowl until evenly coated.
- To assemble bowl add lettuce and top with butternut squash, chopped chicken and avocado pieces. Drizzle more tahini dressing on top and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2 bowls
Courtesy of: https://littlebitsof.com/2016/01/paleo-balance-bowl/