CAULIFLOWER TURMERIC CHOWDER
This Cauliflower Turmeric Chowder is a super easy chowder recipe stacked with carrots, celery, onions, and of course cauliflower. It’s tastily seasoned with turmeric, cumin, garlic, and ginger with a touch of coconut milk to set it off!
This Cauliflower Turmeric Chowder Recipe is a great soup to boost your immune system throughout the flu season. It will warm you up on those cold winter days. It’s delicious and easy to make.
First, coarsely chop up your carrots, celery, and onions. Then use olive oil with a little bit of minced garlic added in to create an absolutely flavorful base for the soup. I actually use this base for almost all of my soup recipes.
As you may already know, turmeric provides anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant benefits. You should add more of it to your diet if you haven’t already. There are tons of recipes where it can be added to teas, smoothies, stir-frys, and your soup recipes.
For garnish, you can sprinkle celery leaves, cilantro, or parsley to taste. My preference is usually cilantro which I love in my salsa being a Texan. Of course, celery like turmeric provides alkalizing, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. So maybe for the added nutrition and flavor just garnish it with both. If you are into micro-greens and all the additional nutritional benefits they can provide then consider using some of those as your garnish.
For such a rich soup, it’s simple and easy to make. The ingredients are readily available at any grocery store. On top of all that, all these ingredients help with detox. Put together a side salad and now you have full soup and salad meal for lunch or dinner! Enjoy!!
CAULIFLOWER TURMERIC CHOWDER RECIPE
yield: 4 servings
total time: 30 minutes
This Cauliflower Turmeric Chowder is a simple and delicious pot of soup that will boost your immune system throughout the flu season and warm you up on cold winter days.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced (or grated)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth, add more if needed
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- garnish with chopped cilantro, parsley or celery leaves
- Heat the oil in your soup pot. or Dutch oven.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery and sauté until slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute or two.
- Add the cauliflower and heat through.
- Stir in the turmeric and cumin.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Place lid on the soup and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, blend half of the soup mixture (leaving nice chunks of cauliflower and carrots and celery).
- Pour in the coconut milk and reheat soup.
- Garnish with cilantro, parsley or celery leaves.
Courtesy of: http://www.theharvestkitchen.com/turmeric-cauliflower-chowder/